Notice: As of 6/3/2015, the Butler Presbyterian Church, 301 N. Fulton, is no longer a designated storm shelter.Below is a list of the Storm Shelters for the City of Butler as of 6/3/2015.
- #1. Butler Elementary School - 4 N. High St.
- #2 First Christian Church - 11 W. Pine
- #3 Bates County Courthouse - 1 N. Delaware
- #4 Heartland Hospice - 612 W. Ft. Scott
- #5 Immanuel Baptist Church - 801 W. Dakota
- #6 First Baptist Church - 300 N. Delaware
These facilities have been generous enough to offer their use as shelters in the event of severe weather. They have provided us with a list of personnel to call to get the shelters open. The City of Butler does not guarantee that these facilities will be open dependent on the time we have to make contact with the personnel and how much advance warning we have. We would urge you to make a plan prior to the time that a warning may occur, such as a neighbor or relative with a basement or storm shelter, or in your own home if time does not allow you to seek other shelter.
The City of Butler further does not make any claims as to the structural integrity of any of these facilities in their ability to withstand a tornado or life threatening wind event.