Saturday, March 19, 2016

Sentimental waters: A return to days spent with Virgil Ward

Virgil Ward, who passed away in 2004, was a fishing legend. He hosted a nationally syndicated television show, was a tournament champion and was a pioneer in the lure industry. Submitted photo

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/outdoors/article66928622.html#storylink=cpy









When I was younger, I never pictured myself as the sentimental type.

I would look at my dad when he saw an old friend or listen when he talked about how much he loved our old family cabin, and I thought, “That will never be me.”

But life has a way of changing people. The longer you live, the more special the days of your past become.

And so it was with me when I revisited my younger days by returning to the farm ponds I used to fish with the legendary Virgil Ward, the TV show host and lure designer who passed away in 2004.

I was invited back by Virgil’s grandson, Eric Curnutte, a friendly young man who is determined to keep his late grandfather’s legacy alive.


View Full Story Here:

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/outdoors/article66928622.html#storylink=cpy



Search news