Wednesday, July 5, 2023

MoDOT TRAFFIC ALERT: Business Loop 49 CLOSED Under I-49 North of Butler July 10-14th as Rehabilitation of Bridge Continues

Business Loop 49 CLOSED Under I-49 Near Butler July 10-14th as Rehabilitation of Bridge Continues:

Where: Business Loop 49 under I-49 north of Butler
When: 7 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, July 10-14th

What: Business Loop 49 CLOSED while contractor crews work to remove bridge deck/driving surface on southbound I-49 bridge

Traffic Impacts: All lanes of Loop 49 CLOSED in both directions under I-49 while crews are working

All lanes of Loop 49 OPEN during nighttime hours
No signed detours

Drivers may encounter occasional future closures of Loop 49 as work on the I-49 bridge progresses

Signs and message board will alert drivers approaching work zone
Drivers should seek alternate route

Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts

Weather and/or scheduling conflicts could alter the work schedule.

Details: When the southbound I-49 bridge is complete, work will stop for the winter and the traffic pattern will return to all lanes in each direction. The contractor plans to resume work on the northbound bridge beginning in the spring of 2024. 

Project information: Prime contractor: Capital Paving & Construction, Columbia 

Total project cost: $4 million
Contract completion date: July 30, 2024

 


Search news