Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Corey’s Comments from City Hall


Editor's note-  A new feature this week titled Corey’s Comments from City Hall will appear on a regular basis in the News-Shopper and on Mid America Live providing insight and information direct to the public from Butler City Administrator Corey Snead.

"The purpose of this column going forward is to keep the citizens of Butler informed about what is happening in our community. That city government is transparent about topics and letting the citizens know what they can expect going forward. The first thing I would like to tell everyone is that my door is always open to hear the concerns of our community. That everything will not go as planned, but we will try our very best to do what is right for the community.  

As a small boy growing up in Butler, I never thought the responsibility of running our vibrant community would rest on my shoulders. As I got older working in government was something I wanted to do. Working for Senator Harold Caskey gave me insight on how you treat people and fight for your constituents.  I am extremely humbled to have the opportunity to lead our community in a new chapter. We have many things to be proud about here in Butler. My hopes and dreams are to continue to expand on those things we are proud of and why we call this community home. We also have many things we need to fix in our community. It will take a group effort to solve the problems we face as a community. 

There are three things that I ask of the community, and these are three things I will do personally as well. Number One support each other whether that be by shopping at our local businesses, helping a neighbor, giving back to the community or just being kind to each other. Number two, take pride in our community. Making sure that Butler is a place that other people would want to come and live. That we show the beauty of our community both on the outside and inside. Number three open and honest communication. We are all not going to agree with everything that happens. However, we must listen to all sides before we make a decision. That we take the good with the bad. These are three things I highly believe in and will try my best to do every day as we make decisions for our community. 

I want to see our vibrant small community grow and prosper over the next few years. Be a community that others look at for inspiration. That we have challenges, but we face those challenges head on every day and find solutions for them. I look forward to working with everyone and letting you know what the next steps we take as a community." -Butler City Administrator, Corey Snead


Search news