Saturday, June 10, 2023

From Michael G's Greenhouses

This is our final day for the season, and it looks like a rainy one. In a normal year rainy days are as close as I get to day off, so there were not a lot of days off this year. I have recovered thanks to Mitzi and Melanie helping everyone since Memorial Day. I am 71 now and I know some have concerns about whether I will be open next year. 
The answer is that I have some things already ordered for 2024. Long term I have my hopes the gals can carry on, but I am not going anywhere in the near future.

In hindsight, I should have stayed open a bit longer. When I advertise in surrounding areas the ads have to be in the week prior to running them, so in a sense I have to predict the future. If you still have a need for plants come see us before we close at 2 today. I am going to go out and reduce things even lower by 9 this morning. We don't have the greatest selection, but garage sale prices.

Thanks to all who have been out this season. It was a good year, not the best nor the worst. Most of you know I am a Christian, God is my provider and He always gives me all I need, not always what I want. I am past the age of accumulating things, thankfully. The most important things aren't things. I plant seeds by the thousands in soil every year. I planted a few in people's hearts, and those are the ones I want to really see germinate. Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but you have to know the way. 

Your spiritual GPS is not automatically going to get you there, in fact if you don't set it towards there you will have a rude awakening the instant you die. If you believe in Jesus, the time you spend here is the worst you will ever know. 

If you don't believe, your time here will be the best you ever know. OK, I am done planting seeds. See you today or next year. God Bless everyone of my customers, you made my dream come true.



Search news